Contact Lens Policies
Below is the Arlington Eye Center Contact Lens Policy. You will be required to sign acknowledgement when you have your contact lens appointment with us.
Contact Lens Policy
A contact lens evaluation is defined as a measurement of corneal size and shape, prescription to attain the maximum possible visual acuity, and an evaluation of the contact lens on the eye to ensure the healthy wearing of contact lenses. Insertion and removal classes (required for new wearers and if former wearers need a refresher) are an additional $20.
The contact lens evaluation charges range from $70 to $250 depending on what type of lens is needed and includes measurement and dispensing of a glasses prescription, a trial set of contact lenses, and up to three follow-up visits in the first two months.
Soft Contact Lenses
- $70 Annual contact lens evaluation (includes updating power of current lenses with no change in other parameters)
- $80 Soft Spherical Re-Fit (change in brand and/or parameters)
- $90 Soft Toric Fit/ Re-fit or Soft Spherical Monovision Fit/ Re-fit
- $120 Soft Multifocal Fit/Re-fit or Soft Toric Monovision Fit/Re-fit
Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lenses
- $75 RGP Evaluation with no change in parameters
- $145 RGP Re-fit (change in parameters/power of current RGP that we have documented parameters for)
- $165 RGP Spherical Initial Fit/ Multifocal RGP Re-fit
- $200 Multifocal RGP Initial Fit
- $250 Specialty Contact Lens Fit
This charge is in addition to the eye exam, cost of a supply of contact lenses, and fees for any other services performed by the doctor. No prescription for contact lenses will be dispensed if the evaluation is not paid for. The evaluation fee is not refundable regardless of whether the patient decides to actually engage in contact lens wear. Our practice recommends getting an annual contact lens evaluation to verify and/or change your prescription if needed.
The included follow-up visits are for contact lens fitting and prescription visits only, to be determined by the doctor. Visits for medical concerns, including those induced by contact lens wear incur separate charges or co-pays. It is the policy of this practice to receive payment at the time of service and before any contact lenses are ordered (except trials, which are included) without exception. This office does not process claims for any vision insurance plans, but our office can provide a receipt if needed for the patient to submit to insurance of reimbursement if applicable.